Left, right, left, right…
- 90–100 = Walkers’ Paradise: Most errands can be accomplished on foot and many people get by without owning a car.
- 70–89 = Very Walkable: It’s possible to get by without owning a car.
- 50–69 = Somewhat Walkable: Some stores and amenities are within walking distance, but many everyday trips still require a bike, public transportation, or car.
- 25–49 = Car-Dependent: Only a few destinations are within easy walking range. For most errands, driving or public transportation is a must.
- 0–24 = Car-Dependent (Driving Only): Virtually no neighborhood destinations within walking range. You can walk from your house to your car!
I’m happy to report that my address scores 98! A Walker’s Paradise, says the website. On the other hand, Northfield Middle School also rates as a 92 point Walker’s Paradise, but I’d have to say that because of the street configuration, intersection design and some other factors I’d call it more like Pedestrian Hell even though it is not that far from many other locations.